Friday, February 23, 2007

Le Nordique

So Corinne and I went to Le Nordique spa a few weeks ago, and I must say it was quite enjoyable. The premise o the joint is for you first use either the Swedish sauna or the steam room to warm up your body, open up your pores and get the toxins out; you then go into the cold pool/waterfall to wash the toxins off your body and cool off. You then go to one of the relaxation areas for a little while to acclimate yourself, and then repeat the process.

This waterfall is only slightly above zero degrees, and believe me, watching people's reactions as they go under it is worth the price of admission right there. You can litterally feel your skin contract and tighten as you go through - definitely one of the strangest feelings I've experienced.

Would I do it again? Sure! I fell asleep in the relaxation area - Corinne tells me I was snoring which explains the funny looks I got from others when I woke up - which is a rarity for me in the daytime. I wonder if there are other places similar to Le Nordique that I should try - anyone have any recommendations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home